Make learning to read an exciting adventure. Immerse your little learners in the Start to Read! Early Reading Program. Originally developed by educator and School Zone co-founder Dr. James Hoffman, the updated sequence-based series, which consists of storybooks and complementary materials across three progressive reading levels, is designed to build a solid literary foundation for any child while teaching kids that reading is fun!
This 18-book set includes:
- 15 Beginning Readers (5 Level 1, 5 Level 2, and 5 Level 3)
- 3 Read-Along and Songs CDs (Level 1, 2 and 3) with all
- 15 narrated stories and 30 original songs
- 3 Comprehension Workbooks (Level 1, 2 and 3) to reinforce reading skills
- 1 Parent Guide
The stories are fun, easy to follow, and colorfully illustrated. Level 1 is for the first-time reader, and Levels 2 and 3 continue adding on to those starter skills. On each CD, every story within that level has a track dedicated to uninterrupted reading and another track featuring word-for-word narration and turn-the-page signals to help your child follow along in each book. The three comprehension books paired with each reading level, provide extra practice of newly learned skills and information and will test your child’s understanding of the stories.
Kids can begin a lifetime of reading enjoyment, as you round out your family’s early-reading library. This big bundle builds a great foundation for your preschooler’s or first grader’s reading success in school. Rhyming words, repetition, short sentences, and progressive vocabulary build step-by-step mastery. As part of the School Zone Teach Your Child to Read program, the three-step, listen-read-and-review approach provides guidance along the way for both children and parents.
In addition to the stories, the fun-to-memorize songs make bedtime, bathtime, and anytime more playful, even as they help reinforce important letter-sound and letter-word skills. The whole package adds up to hours and hours of reading, learning, and fun. Follow this program, and you and your child will celebrate reading success every day!
- Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Memorable stories and characters
- 3-step approach to reading
- 30 whimsical, age-appropriate songs
- Pencil-and-paper workbook activities
- Complete story narration on 3 audio CDs
- An exceptional value!
- Level 1 Story Books — 9-50 vocabulary words; beginning sight words; word recognition; letter recognition; beginning sounds; letter-sound association; problem solving; rhyming; vocabulary building
- Level 2 Story Books — 50-70 vocabulary words; vocabulary building; rhyming; word recognition; letter recognition; problem solving
- Level 3 Story Books — 45-150 vocabulary words; vocabulary building; rhyming; word recognition; letter recognition; problem solvingRead-Along & Songs CDs — creativity; memorization; sound recognition; reading comprehensionComprehension Workbooks – reading comprehension; focus; problem solving