Is your child ready for the next step in reading? Move up to Level 2 in the Start to Read! Early Reading Program. This collection continues to build the foundation your preschooler or first grader needs to experience reading success in school.
This set contains:
- 5 Beginning Readers present charming stories with beginning vocabulary
- 1 Read-Along & Songs CD includes all 5 stories (narrated) and 10 original songs
- 1 Comprehension Workbook corresponds to the 5 stories to test and reinforce reading skills
- 1 Parent Guide offers tips and ideas for following a 3-step approach: listen, read and review
The stories in the readers are fun, easy to follow, and colorfully illustrated. Repetition, rhyming words, and short sentences introduce and reinforce essential language and listening skills. Each story has one track on the CD dedicated to uninterrupted reading and another narrated track, with turn-the-page signals to help your child follow along in the book. The CD also has 10, fun-to-memorize songs that make bedtime, bathtime, or anytime more playful.
A comprehension workbook provides additional activities and extra practice of newly learned skills, while testing your child’s understanding of each story. A Parent Guide offers tips and ideas for you to enhance and support his or her reading progress. Originally developed by educator and School Zone co-founder Dr. James Hoffman, the updated sequence-based series, which consists of storybooks and complementary materials across three progressive reading levels, is designed to build a solid literary foundation for any child while teaching kids that reading is fun. This Level 2 collection continues the development of reading skills. Follow this program, and you and your child will celebrate reading success every day!
- Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Memorable stories and characters
- 3-step approach to reading
- Whimsical, age-appropriate songs
- Pencil-and-paper workbook activities
- Story narration on audio CD
- An exceptional value!
- Level 2 Story Books – beginning sight words; 50-70 new vocabulary words; word recognition; letter recognition; beginning sounds; letter-sound association; problem solving; rhyming; vocabulary building
- Read-Along & Songs CD – creativity; memorization; sound recognition; reading comprehension; listening; following directions
- Comprehension Book – reading comprehension; focus; problem solving